The New Hamburg Mennonite Relief Sale Plant Tent offers a wide selection of plants. We will need a lot of plants to stock the tent. We are looking for: perennials, succulents, house plants, herbs, summer bulbs, native, berries, and annuals.
You can drop plants off Friday afternoon and evening at the tent. On Saturday morning, at the entrance into the Fairgrounds, there is a drop-off tent. The crew there will bring the plants to our tent.
Visit the Relief Sale plant tents for:
- Spring bedding plants
- Heirloom seedlings
- Flowering perennials, hostas, grasses, day lilies
- Hanging baskets
- Small shrubs & young trees
- Pot the plants and label with name, cultivar and colour of bloom if possible. (helps sell better with this information.)
- The more unusual plant, the better for customer interest
- For perky looking plants, try to pot a minimum of 1 week prior to the sale.
- If you have lots of something, please send 5 or 6 of your best ones.
- No goutweed please! It is invasive!
- When donating strawberry and raspberry plants, please label if ever bearing (fruits summer to fall) or June bearing.
- Any blooming perennial, shrub or tree, please label, if known, the colour and time of year of bloom.
Thank you for your generous donations!!! Your generosity has made the Plant Tent a very successful venue.