The New Hamburg Mennonite Relief Sale is happy to host the 2016 North American Mennonite Relief Sale Workshops that are being held in Waterloo Region May 25-28th. Relief Sale organizers, committee members and other volunteers from across North America will meet for educational and networking sessions at Conrad Grebel University College in Waterloo. Participants will also have an opportunity to visit the MCC Ontario offices and a thrift shop. The workshops will end with attendance at the New Hamburg Mennonite Relief on Friday evening and Saturday.
Of special interest this year is the Quilting track that is being offered at the workshops. Central to this track is the examination of the quilt that sold for $42,000 at the 2015 New Hamburg Mennonite Relief Sale. Class participants will also have the opportunity to visit a number of quilt shops in the Waterloo Region.
Other Workshop topics include:
- Times, They Are A Changing – Dynamics Effecting Sales
- Marketing Concepts & Social Media
- My Coins Count: Growth Opportunity for Sales
- Recruiting Leadership and Managing Volunteers
- Making Websites/Facebook/Twitter Work for You
- Invigorating Children’s Activities
- Outside Advertising/Sponsorships
- Issues for Food Committees
- Innovative Ideas To Encourage Attendance
- Going Green: A More Ecologically Sustainable Sale
- Special Events Fundraising
- Exploring Alternative Fundraisers For Urban Sales
Click here for a complete schedule as well as a link to the registration page.
On behalf of everyone involved in the NHMRS, we welcome all our visitors and hope that you have a wonderful time at the Workshops and at the Sale!